The Austin Archery Club hosts a 3D Shoot each month,
typically on the 2nd Sunday.
The event is open to both members and the general public.
This is a great atmosphere to score yourself and shoot a course that is only open once a month.
See our Events page for dates and times.
Monthly 3D Shoot FAQ
- Are there prizes?
- Yes, this year we’re introduced Monthly prizes and a Season Grand Prize. Click HERE for details.
- There are 30 targets.
- You get 1 shot per target.
- Please see image below. (missing the target = 0)
|Stake Color||Maximum Distance||Classification|
|White||50 yards||CAS - Compound Adjustable Site Male|
|Red||45 yards||FCAS - Compound Adjustable Site Female
CFS – Compound Fixed Sites Male
|Blue||35 yards||FCFS – Compound Fixed Sites Female
YCOMP - Youth Compound Ages 13-17
|Yellow||25 yards||TRAD – Traditional Male
CCOMP - Cub Compound Ages 9-12
|Orange||20 yards||FT – Traditional Female
YTRAD - Youth Traditional Ages 13-17
|Green||15 yards||CTRAD - Cub Traditional Ages 9-12|
- Binoculars are allowed for locating the scoring rings.
You may use a rangefinder, but you must note “Rangefinder” on your scorecard.
Your score will not be compared to those who do not use rangefinders.
- It takes approximately 2.5 hours to shoot this course.
Typical Tournament Course Location
Aerial photo of typical tournament course
Overlay of all courses
Field Archery Range and Bowhunter Course impacted
Will be closed during scheduled tournaments
Prizes – Monthly 3D Shoot
- No rangefinders allowed to be considered for prizes.
- A maximum of 2 Mulligans per round may be purchased, at a cost of $5/Mulligan.
- Directors and Club Managers are not eligible to win prizes.
- In order to have a valid scorecard, there must be a 3rd party that verifies/signs a shooter’s score.
- Participants may shoot more than 1 round, but only 1 score may be counted per day.
- In the event of a tie, the prize will be split among the recipients for that respective place.
- 1st Place Prize: $75 Gift Card to Sportsman’s Finest, available when there are at least 3 shooters in the category.
- 2nd Place Prize: $50 Gift Card to Sportsman’s Finest, available when there are greater than 5 shooters in the category.
- 3rd Place Prize: $25 Gift Card to Sportsman’s Finest, available when there are greater than 10 in the category.
- The Compound prize category includes the following Classifications:
- The Traditional prize category includes the following Classifications:
- All Youth and Cub shooters will be given a personalized medal labeled with their Name, Date, Classification and Score.
- Compound Adjustable Sights (CAS)
Female Compound Adjustable Sights (FCAS)
Compound Fixed Sights (CFS)
Female Compound Fixed Sights (FCFS)
- Any traditional bow (TRAD)
Female Traditional (FT)
Prizes – AAC Season Long Shootout
- Runs from March – September.
- All Monthly 3D Shoot rules and categories apply.
- The top 4 scores from each shooter will be totaled. In the event of a Total Score tie, the following will serve as a tiebreak, in order:
- There will be 2 grand prizes: 1 Compound Bow, 1 Traditional Bow. These prizes are sponsored by Sportsman’s Finest in Bee Caves, and the specific prizes awarded will be at their discretion.
- Fewest number of purchased Mulligans;
Highest number of 12-point bullseyes;
Fewest number of 0-point missed targets; and finally,
- Compound: CAS/FCAS/CFS/FCFS