(updated September 12)
September 19 – Vanderkolk Benefit (Archery Country)
Click HERE to view on the Events page. Click HERE to view the event flyer.
Note – all fees and donations will be collected by Archery Country, both at their shop and at the Club on Sunday, September 19th.
- 3D Shoot – 9am, at The Austin Archery Club
- $30 Entry Fee
- ASA Rules and Classes – IMPORTANT: There will be NO Crossbow Classes as they are not allowed on the property.
- Cash payout for adult Classes
- Mathews V3 31 Long Shot Raffle – $5 per shot … Hit The Dot, Get 1 entry to the Bow Raffle (est. distance 45-60 yards)
- Raffle tickets available for purchase for those that can’t make the shoot. Drawing will start at 8pm. Need not be present to win.
- Benefit Event – 3pm, at Archery Country
- Open range from 3pm-5:30pm, bow techs will be available for questions/tips.
- 4:30pm – Broadhead Tuning Session – get ready for hunting season!
- Food served at 5pm, all donations for food/drink will be given to the Vanderkolks.
- Iron Buck Contest(s) starting at 6:30pm.
- Raffle closes at 7:30pm, drawing starts at 8pm.
Fall 2021 – Monthly 3D Shoots
- The decision to hold Monthly 3D Shoots for October/November/December has not yet been made. The Board will meet in the coming weeks to assess volunteer resource availability during hunting season, and attempt to gauge shooter interest (which typical drops sharply in the fall).
- If we do confirm scheduling of any additional Shoots for 2021, we’ll email all Members and post an update on our Facebook page. You can also check for updates on this page, as well as our Events page.
Lower Static Range
- The Lower Static Range is only to be shot from the West to the East. Three well-defined shooting lanes have been set-up for this purpose.
- Because of neighboring residential properties, NO OTHER direction of shooting is permitted.
- To better communicate this policy, the old covers have been removed, and clear signage will be installed as a reminder.
- The parking lot has been extended to include the old covered area.
- AAC Management will continue monitoring COVID-19 events, and will provide club updates as-needed.
- The club will remain open until the City of Austin or the Department of Parks and Rec directs us otherwise.
- Coordination of any tournaments conducted in the near future will carefully consider safe practices, including social distancing, availability of bottled water and hand sanitizer, and start times spaced by 15 minutes. The signup and tournament structure will be the same as recent months.
- The current guidelines for Monthly 3D tournaments are available HERE.
- We will keep this Updates page and our Facebook page current with the latest information.
- If you decide to make it out to the range, please use your best judgment when interacting with other members to ensure we all remain as healthy as possible. As for group activities, follow the guidelines outlined in the current City of Austin – Orders & Rules.
- Parks and Recreation Closure Info
- City of Austin – Orders & Rules
- Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas
- AAC Facebook page