(updated June 13)
- Previous shown on the Home page, overloading it with too much info, the Club Rules now have their own dedicated page HERE.
- Most are common sense and based on decades of experience, and many of them are tied directly to our formal Safety Policy, available HERE.
- On Sunday, June 5th the Club held the first Lone Star 3D Shoot, made possible by the Lone Star Paralysis Foundation and the time/effort of countless volunteers. The event was very successful, and we look forward to scheduling more of these shoots in the future.
- On Saturday, June 11th the Club held a Monthly 3D Shoot and Annual Meeting. It was hot, as expected, so we appreciate the strong turnout of shooters and those members willing to stay after for the meeting. Reports highlighting the prior year were shared, and Board members were elected to open positions for the 2022-23 year.
July 3 – The Phoenix (Private Event)
- On Sunday, July 3rd the Lower Static Range will be closed from 11am – 1pm for a private event.
- Click HERE for more information on this very active national organization.
Sunday, July 10 – Monthly 3D Shoot
- On Sunday, July 10th we will host our Monthly 3D Shoot, this month held on a Sunday. Based on feedback and requests over the past couple of years regarding our Sunday-only Monthly 3D Shoots, this year we began alternating between Sundays and Saturdays throughout the season. We hope this allows shooters to participate who previously were unavailable on Sundays. The Season Long Shootout will again total a shooter’s top 4 scores, so we made sure to schedule 4 Saturdays during the 9-month season to give everyone a fair chance to complete.
- Similar to last season, after we discontinued booking timeslots, this will be an 8:30 am shotgun start. Click HERE for general info and rules regarding our 3D shoots.
- Click HERE to register for the shoot.
2022 Raffle – Yeti Cooler, Round 2
- Tickets for this 2nd cooler will be made available the day of the Annual Meeting, and at all subsequent club events leading up to the conclusion of the Season Long Shootout. A picture of the cooler and a link to the specs are available HERE.
- Tickets are $10 each. You may purchase more than one ticket.
- Tickets must be purchased in-person from a club representative, and may be purchased with cash or a credit/debit card.
- The random drawing of the winner will be held at the AAC clubhouse on September 11, immediately following the Monthly 3D Shoot. You do not need to be present to win.
- It will be the responsibility of the winner to arrange local pickup of the cooler from a club representative.
2022 Season Long Shootout
- Sportsman’s Finest will again sponsor our club shoots this year, offering monthly gift cards and grand prizes to the Compound and Traditional winners of the Shootout. Click HERE for details on the Shootout and our Monthly 3D Shoot.
- The grand prize winner of the Compound category will receive a Prime Inline bow. Hand/Size/Weight/Color options will be limited to stock on-hand.
- The grand prize winner of the Traditional category will receive a Hoyt Satori riser. Hand/Size/Weight/Color options will be limited to stock on-hand.
- AAC Management will continue monitoring COVID-19 events, and will provide club updates as-needed.
- The club will remain open until the City of Austin or the Department of Parks and Rec directs us otherwise.
- Coordination of any tournaments conducted in the near future will carefully consider safe practices, including social distancing and availability of bottled water and hand sanitizer. The signup and tournament structure will be the same as recent months.
- We will keep this Updates page and our Facebook page current with the latest information.
- If you decide to make it out to the range, please use your best judgment when interacting with other members to ensure we all remain as healthy as possible. As for group activities, follow the guidelines outlined in the current City of Austin – Orders & Rules.
- Parks and Recreation Closure Info
- City of Austin – Orders & Rules
- Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas
- AAC Facebook page