(updated February 13)
Message from The AAC Board
- The Board of Directors has been working with the Parks & Recreation Dept of the City of Austin for several months on new terms related to our usage of the property.
- In an effort to standardize agreements and terms across all organizations that contract with PARD and CoA, PARD has implemented new terms related to the evolving Use Agreement that has successfully existed between us for several decades.
- As we work through all the new terms, what may most impact our members is a potential change to our traditional tournament season. The protected Golden-cheeked Warbler has historically nested in the area occupied by The AAC, during a period somewhere between March 1 and August 31. Although management has been very careful to observe previous agreements related to conservative property management during these months, PARD (under the direction of the Balcones Canyonland Conservation Plan) is looking closely at whether or not The AAC can continue to hold tournaments from March 1 – August 31, a period during which we’ve publicly and actively held multiple tournaments each year for at least 15 years.
- When terms have been finalized and all 2024 dates can be set, the Events page will be updated accordingly.
February 24 & 25 – Texas ASA Qualifier
- We requested a February date for our 2024 Qualifier, as March-August tournament dates are tentative and at the discretion of PARD (see above). The past 2 years were also held in February to avoid summer heat, and being successful events we hope this year will be again.
- There are NO crossbow classes at this location, because City of Austin Parks & Recreation does not allow crossbow use.
- Both Saturday & Sunday the tournament will begin at 10:00 am with a Shotgun Start. Traditional shooters have the option to start at 8:00 am if they choose.
- Additional information (including Texas ASA links) is available on the Registration Page.
February Monthly 3D Shoot
- Unfortunately weather forced us to cancel this event. We tried to hold it, but lightning in the area shortly after starting forced us closing for safety.
- Because of the close timing of our TX ASA Qualifier, we will not be rescheduling this event. If we are able to hold tournaments during the March – August nesting season, allowing us to continue our Season Long Shootout tradition, archers who participate at ASA will be able to count that score toward the Season total.
- All who registered and prepaid have been refunded their Shoot fee. Anyone who paid in-person should Contact us for options.
April 7 – The Phoenix (Private Event)
- On Sunday, April 7th the Lower Static Range will be closed from 11am – 1pm for a private event.
- Click HERE for more information on this very active national organization.
Scout Troops – Archery Badge Instruction
- Over the past couple years we’ve held several of these instructional sessions (both girls and boys).
- We are currently working to schedule dates with 2 girl scouts troops this Spring, and will add them to the Events page when finalized.
- If anyone knows of troops who might need their Archery Badges, or other youth groups interested in introductory archery lessons, please notify us using our Contact page.
- AAC COVID-19 and Tournament Guidelines
- Parks and Recreation Closure Info
- City of Austin – Orders & Rules
- Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas
- AAC Facebook page